Dr. Leyla Acaroglu, Founder, Disrupt Design
What is an innovation circuit?
Innovation CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are immersive topically linked sessions that give students an opportunity to gain expertise, innovate and contribute meaningfully.View the Flyer (PDF)
6-Session Circuit: How to Innovate Change by Design Disruptive Design for Civic Activation
February 4 – March 11, 2021; 5 – 7 p.m.
Sponsored by: The ISU Student Innovation Center and the College of Design
- Dr. Leyla Acaroglu, Founder, Disrupt Design
- 6 Sessions, 6 weeks
TELL ME MORE
Change by Design: The Disruptive Design Method for Civic Activation
Every person is a citizen designer of the future through the actions they do, or don’t, take each day. Through this activation lab, students will be given the tools for understanding and working with complex systems, discover how to design interventions that affect positive change and create propositions for proactive civic outcomes. You will do this through learning the three part process of the Disruptive Design Method (DDM), which flows through a process of creative changemaking enabling systems level change. The DDM offers fresh approaches to skill development and knowledge transfer for the growing global community of people who want to participate in solving significant social and environmental issues in creative and future-focused ways.
Who is Dr. Leyla Acaroglu?
- Melbourne’s 100 Most Influential People
- Founder of two design agencies, Disrupt Design in New York and Melbourne-based Eco Innovators, as well as the UnSchool
- Creator of the Circular Classroom, Design Play Cards, Game Changer Game, Secret Life of Things, Designercise, and the Gender Equity Toolkit
- UNEP Champion of the Earth
- Creating proposals for civic innovation
- Creative changemaking
- Solving social and environmental issues
- Creating circular and sustainable systems