Humans Practicing in the Midst of Opportunity
What is an innovation short circuit?
Innovation SHORT CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are topic-based conversation sessions that help students gain expertise in innovation mindset, skills and practices.
Short Circuit: How to Innovate an Ethical Platform
February 19, 2 – 3:20 p.m.
ISU’s Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative and The Student Innovation Center
- Anthony Sardella, CEO and Founder, evolve24
- Moderated by Kevin Kimle, Director, ISU Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative
TELL ME MORE
Who is Anthony Sardella?
Anthony Sardella is the founder and vice-chairman of evolve24, a company he founded in 2004. He guides the company’s advancements in artificial intelligence, data, and decision sciences. evolve24 is a leader in predictive analytics and decision sciences that drives greater certainty in strategic decision making. The company has been repeatedly ranked among the top big data and analytics companies by CIO Magazine and Forrester Research for helping Fortune companies across diverse industry sectors achieve successful growth strategies. Using algorithms, the company can sift through massive unstructured datasets in real-time to gain meaning and understanding of human emotion, perception so as to anticipate behavior. He also is an adjunct professor at Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis, where he lectures on societal externalities shaping business strategy. Previously, Anthony was the chief innovation and growth officer for a privately-held holding company where he led innovation and investment efforts aimed at driving profitable growth opportunities for the portfolio. He also served as the director of analytics at Monsanto Company and contributed to the development and implementation of strategies for faster adoption of Monsanto’s suite of biotechnology products. His career of breakthrough work was honored by induction as a Laureate of the Smithsonian Institute for his visionary work leading to significant social and economic impact in the field of science and technology.
- How understanding your “why” defines business character and enhances risk tolerance
- How young innovators will save us by driving societal change
- How to build an ethical platform that informs you innovator’s journey
- Industry examples of those values, morals, and practices that align with ethical behaviors
- How consumers’ unmet emotional needs create a bridge for meaningful contribution