The Brutal Reality of Innovating
What is an innovation short circuit?
Innovation SHORT CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are topic-based conversation sessions that help students gain expertise in innovation mindset, skills and practices.
Short Circuit: How to Innovate
November 5, 5 – 7 p.m.
Sponsored by: HARMAN
- David Slump, President of Global Markets, HARMAN
- Andy Tsui, SVP Product Management, HARMAN Consumer Audio
TELL ME MORE
Product Management focuses on creating and coordinating the activities in all phases of the product lifecycle. This means driving research, new product development, business strategy and communication, planning, validation, forecasting, launch, and marketing. In the real world what does this mean? Our on-the-ground leader will share with you experiences of building JBL, Harman Kardon and AKG products across different categories (Speakers, Soundbars, Headphones) in Shenzhen, China – the Silicon Valley of Hardware.
- Product lifecycle for consumer electronics
- Various co-development model with external ODM partners
- The real day-to-day life of a product manager. Are they really the glorious “CEO of the product”?
- Consumer insight and design thinking in practice